- Patient has the right to be informed of their rights and review the policies regarding them.
- Patient has the right to express complaints and satisfaction regarding services rendered and to comment and make
suggestions for improvement of the quality of care and services.
- Patient has the right to file a complaint and to receive a response in a timely manner without fear of discrimination or
- Patient has the right to receive considerate and respectful care in a safe and secure environment with respect and regard for
privacy, individuality, personal beliefs and cultural traditions.
- Patient has the right to accessible services and timely referrals to staff and services consistent with quality professional
- Patient has the right to refuse treatment and be fully informed of possible consequences of such refusal, without reprisal.
- 7. Patient has the right to participate in decisions affecting care and treatment according to their desires, needs, and
understanding including the choice to have family and friends participate in the process.
- 8. Patient has the right to receive information regarding their illness, the course of treatment, and the prospects for good health
in terms that they can understand.
- Patient has the right to approve and refuse the release of their medical records. Patient has the right to access their medical
record. Patient has the right to privacy and confidentiality of their records records are to be maintained in a safe and secure
- Patient has the right to know the professional status of the person(s) treating them and those giving medical advice after
- Patient has the right to know, in advance of services, the cost of services and any applicable payment policy.
- Patient has the right to receive timely and qualified care in a setting appropriate to health care needs.
- Patient has the right to appoint a legal representative to make decisions regarding their health care.
- Patient has the right to refuse to participate in research/experimental activities without reprisal.
- Patient has the right to change their Primary Care or Dental providers if other qualified practitioners are available.
- Patient has the responsibility to actively participate in decisions regarding their health care to the degree that you choose and
to reasonably follow your providers health care instructions.
- Patient has the responsibility to inform their health care provider of information related to past illness, treatment, and
- Patient has the responsibility to respect the rights and property of health care professionals, employees, and other patients.
- Patient has the responsibility to make and promptly keep all scheduled appointments. To assure that all patients are served in
a timely manner, patients are responsible for calling and changing appointments 24 hours in advance.
- Patient has the responsibility to pay for services at the time service is provided and to provide the patient registration office
with accurate, complete, and current information pertaining to insurance coverage, home address, telephone number, social
security number, and Native American Indian verification.
- Patient has the responsibility to discuss their health care problems, concerns, and personal needs with their provider in an
honest manner and to inform the health care provider of any changes occurring in their health. Patients should ask questions
when in need of further information or a better understanding.
- Patient has the responsibility to cooperate with various providers involved in their care and to conduct themselves in a polite
and respectful manner.
- Patient has the responsibility to inform provider if they cannot or will not follow certain treatment plan.
- Patient has the responsibility to respect the rights of their health care provider and to exchange information in a non-abusive
manner either physically or verbally while receiving care.
- Patient has the responsibility to advise their provider of all changes in decisions concerning advance directives and/or
persons designated by them to make health care decisions.