‘Ladka khate pite ghar ka lagta hai’ (The boy belongs from a well served family) No matter what age you hold, every person would have heard this from aged people around them, either for themself or for any other person. Basically, Overweight people earlier set the perfect status of richness. His slacking stomach skin elevated his family’s status thinking him of having a rich background.
Yes he has a rich background but in term of diseases. The overweight is not just a habit of consuming more rather it is a problem called ‘Obesity’ which almost every other person in a family suffers, according to the data of ‘World health organization (WHO)’. Obesity is the increase in the body fat leading to reduced life expectancy and increase in health problems. The diseases caused by obesity are multiple and very harmful like heart disease, diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, cancer and many others. All these problems arise due to combination of excessive intake and lack of physical activity.
Obesity is the leading preventable cause of death worldwide especially among adults and childrens. It is also seen as one of the most serious health problem of 21st century.
There are many reasons behind people suffering from obesity:
- Genetics: A person is likely to develop obesity if one or both the parents are obese. Such reasons are hereditary.
- Overeating: If a person eats more calories than he burns then one gains weight. Foods high in fat and sugar like junk foods and sweets lead to wait gain. With the same routine they intend to eat much more than normal.
- Lack of physical activity: People nowadays are not into physical activity. With the growing technology they sit and perform their duties which have reduced the body work. Hence it leads to gain in weight making people suffer from diseases like obesity.
There are not many solutions to the problem but it can be cured by the following ways:
- Proper Diet: a proper diet is very important for the body to function effectively. Diet does not mean any junk food or a short interval eating. Rather it involves a fixed routine diet. Dieting is very important to control the gaining weight as it is the main reason behind obesity. Fruits, fresh green vegetables, sprouts juices should be involved in the diet regime.
- Physical activity: Another important way of dealing with the obesity problem is regular exercise. Yoga, gym, dancing, swimming etc. are above all the physical exercises which are beneficial in curing such disease.
Even though dieting and exercise can cure this problem but only for a short term. A life time commitment of regular exercise and other physical activities is must to fix the problem of Obesity. But in some cases diet and exercise do not work, people who are highly obese can only be cured through this way:
- Liposuction: It is a surgical treatment which helps to reduce the large number of fat from the body. This treatment is only meant for people who are highly obese. Calculating their Body Mass Index (BMI) the amount weight to be removed is calculated. The fat is removed from many different sites of the body like abdomen, thighs and buttocks, neck, or backs of the arms. From these areas a major amount of fat is sucked out resulting in reduction in weight.
Even though dieting and exercise can cure this problem but only for a short term. A life time commitment of regular exercise and other physical activities is must to fix the problem of Obesity. But in some cases diet and exercise do not work, people who are highly obese cannot be cured with proper diet and regular exercise. The solution to their problem is Liposuction. It helps to reduce a large number of fat from the body depending on the Body Mass index (BMI) of person. After the surgery the physical activities and proper diet are very important.